Monday, April 25, 2011

exploding water balloons

For my latest photography project, I had to come up with a way to make TIME visible.

I toyed around with many different ways and took a lot of pictures.

One Saturday afternoon Caleb and I filled up some balloons with water, went outside and he started popping them with a pin one by one while I tried to capture the water while it was exploding.

We went through probably 200 balloons and I used the continuous shooting feature of my camera and took about 500 pictures in order to capture a "good enough for Taylor" picture.

I'm pretty sure Caleb thought the first few were good enough and was ready to be done after being soaked over and over again. But he was a great sport and stuck it out for me!

I eventually came up with 4 different types of projects (bubbles, water balloons, melting ice cream and a story sequence) to turn in to my professor, but this water balloon session was my favorite!








(Sorry the photos aren't edited very well concerning color and contrast. I don't have very good photo editing software on my little laptop as compared to what we have in the photo lab for class.)

3 comments:

  1. that orange one is the one i liked the best with the water seeming to spin outward. but the last one was perfect.

    -caleb

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last one is really so cool. My safewalk friends were impressed when they saw that one.

    -caleb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you please give me the description to click this kind of picture? Currently in daylight I am using f5.6, SS1/1000 and ISO400.

    ReplyDelete